We are seeking attentive and trustworthy Caregivers to join our staff in providing excellent care to our residents at Wayne.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to residents with activities of daily living as needed according to the care plan. (Toileting, Ambulation, Eating, Transferring, Bathing, Dressing, Personal Hygiene, etc.)
- Assure that residents are dressed appropriately when in living areas of the home or outside the building.
- Assist and teach the residents skills in self-help in activities and daily living to maximize their independence and freedom of movement.
- Based on training criteria, perform all personal care tasks. With the completion of the personal care aide course, perform basic personal care tasks. If additional courses are completed, perform special health-related tasks, as approved by doctors’ orders, approved, and signed off by a registered nurse.
- Provide personal assistance as needed, requested, or required.
- Respond to handbell or other signaling calls.
- Assist the residents with transportation when so indicated by the Administrator.
- Assist the Activities Coordinator in carrying out planned activities.
- Provide assistance to residents to keep clothes in proper order.
- Assist residents with making beds as needed. Made beds when residents were not able to do so.
Reports to: Administrator, Administrator-In-Charge, Supervisor-In-Charge and/or Personal Care Aide Supervisor
FUNCTION: Assistance with self-administration of oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of the use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care-related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Computer use may be required.