The company that originally began our journey in health care was Foster Healthcare Group. John and Susan Foster started their health care management under Foster Development d/b/a Foster Senior Living, to support Foster Healthcare construction development by participating in the construction projects with Bill R. Foster. Once projects were completed Foster Development assumed the operations management. John D. Foster has been doing construction, development and operations of health care facilities since 1970. He has a business degree from Drury University in Springfield Mo. Susan A. Foster has been doing operations and development of the communities since 1982. As a Registered Nurse, she works with a team of quality assurance staff to ensure communities remain steadily occupied, within budget and providing high quality care to our private pay clientele. She graduated from Cox School of Nursing in Springfield, Missouri and obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Drury University.
Our mission while operating our communities whether owned or managed is to provide “Exceptional Senior Living” to all clients/families and to ensure that the property is closely monitored with a well-trained staff while operating under a structured budget allowing the community to be financially strong. “Fostering Leadership to Serve” is how we achieve our goals.
All Skilled, Assisted Living and Independent Living properties where packaged and sold (except for 2 AL communities which started our base of operations for developing into our Assisted Living market. We retained the operation of a leased SNF in Licking, MO).
2000 TO 2011
Began developing, constructing and operating communities licensed as Assisted Living and/or Residential Care depending on state in which they reside.
- Culpepper Place of Springfield East – 65 Residential Care Community
- Culpepper Place of Chesterfield Village – 80 Residential Care Community
- Culpepper Place of Nevada – 31 Residential Care Community
- Culpepper Place of Branson – 65 Residential Care Community
- Culpepper Place of Springdale – 58 Assisted Living
- Culpepper Place of Jonesboro – 65 Assisted Living
- Culpepper Place of Fayetteville – 67 Assisted Living
The above properties where bundled and sold to CNL in Orlando, Florida. CNL is a Real Estate Investment Trust.
2011 TO 2015
After the sale we maintained management of the properties for CNL until the portfolio was sold to Senior Housing Properties, a public held company with their own management company, Five Star Senior Living.
Opened and operated Hearthside Collierville until stabilization at which point it was sold to CNL in January of 2014.
- Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville Tennessee – 67 Assisted Living
Began managing 9 AL/MC Windsor Manor communities in Iowa and Illinois for CNL and H.R. Green
Opened and operated Hearthside Bartlett until stabilization at which point it sold to Bridge Financial Group in 2018
- Hearthside Senior Living of Bartlett Tennessee – 67 Assisted Living
Began managing The Shores of Lake Phalen for CNL
- The Shores of Lake Phalen, Maplewood, MN – 73 ASSISTED LIVING 32 MEMORY CARE
Began managing Waterstone on Augusta for CNL
- Waterstone on Augusta, Greeneville, South Carolina – 74 ASSISTED LIVING 32 MEMORY CARE
- The Crossings at Riverview, Riverview, Florida – 92 ASSISTED LIVING 32 MEMORY CARE
Opened and managed the following JV Communities
- Springhouse Village of Collierville, Tennessee – 67 Assisted Living/33 Memory Care
- Springhouse Village of Fayetteville, Arkansas – 67 Assisted Living/33 Memory Care
Our current locations:
- Beach House – Jacksonville Beach
- Hearthside Senior Living – Collierville, Tennessee/Bartlett, Tennessee
- Kinship Pointe – Kearney Northridge/McCook/Seward/Wayne
- Springhouse Village – Springfield, Missouri
- The Gables on Pelham – Greenville, South Carolina
- The Piper – Kansas City
- The Shores of Lake Phalen – Maplewood, MN
- Waterstone on Augusta – Greenville, South Carolina
- Windsor Manor – Iowa (Grinnell, Indianola, Nevada, Vinton, Webster City)